Each our traditional summer festival is product of exciting cooperation of many individuals and organizations from both the United States and Austria. We like to recognize them by Opus number. In August 2018 the Golden Key Music Festival of Vienna will celebrate its Eleventh edition by series of special events and concerts in the Ehrbar Hall and the Prayner Conservatory, Haus der Musik, Mozarthaus of Vienna, in Salzburg, Beethoven Museum of Baden and the Schloss Esterhazy at Eisenstadt. The Festival combines a unique artistic, performing, and educational experience for professional musicians and students with an exciting vacation for music lovers of all ages.
The core of the Festival retains its focus on providing participants with wonderful performance opportunities and an unforgettable experience of Austrian musical culture. Participants will:
- Spend the week with instrumentalists, vocalists, composers, and their families from virtually all over the world.
- Perform at the Festival’s gala concert at the world-famous Ehrbar Hall, where Brahms, Bruckner, Mahler, and other famous musicians have performed.
- Attend Master Classes at the Prayner Conservatory given by notable European music teachers.
- Have the opportunity to play in a special concert: “Mozart in Context,” featuring the music of Mozart, his teachers, friends, and rivals at Boesendorfer Hall in Mozarthaus.
- Attend the premiere performances of compositions by the winners of the Golden Key Music Festival Piano Composition Competition.
- Attend recitals of Festival guest artists.
- Enjoy informative guided bus trips to historic Salzburg, Eisenstadt, and Baden.
- Take walking tours of historic sites of Vienna, Salzburg, Baden, and Eisenstadt.
In addition to what it offers students, the Festival also provides music teachers an opportunity to play of their own in publicly acclaimed recitals at Ehrbar Hall and Boesendorfer Hall in Vienna.
Finally, the Festival allows music lovers of all ages to join the Tour and attend the concerts as well as all scheduled trips and excursions.
Now in its eleventh year, the Festival continues to get outstanding reviews from participants. See our Kudos page for a sample of reactions to this and other Golden Key Music Festival programs.
See How to Apply for further information about the application process, due dates, and Festival Fees.
See the Vienna Tour page for details of the day-to-day activities during the Festival.
The Festival is open to instrumentalists, vocalists, and composers of all ages. Participants under 14, however, must be accompanied by a parent/guardian on the Tour. Participants in the Tour can be of any age.
Laureate Diplomas and Commemorative Medal will be presented at the Award Ceremony in Vienna to the applicant who pass the Audition and perform in the Gala Concert in Vienna. Special diplomas will be given to those who participate in the “Mozart in Context” Concert. The Certificate of Participation in the Master Class will be given immediately after the Master Class. The teachers of all participants will receive Certificates of Excellence for their work.