- Download the 2018 Composition Competition Application Form in either Word Format or PDF Format.
- Fill out the required information. Instructions are part of the download
- Enclose a brief (up to 200 words) composer’s biography to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enclose a check/money order made out to Golden Key Music Festival for the application fee(s) or proof of payment (receipt), if the fee submitted via Western Union or bank transfer. Please note, we do not accept foreign (non-USA) bank checks.
- Send the composition manuscript, completed form, biography and entry fee(s) to:
Golden Key Music Festival
81 Five Points Rd.
Colts Neck, NJ 07722
United States of America.
Applications must be postmarked by December 1, 2017.
Please do not send materials via registered mail or by any other method requiring a signature for delivery.
Electronic versions of the Application Form and composition manuscript as well as images of other required documents may be sent via email to: email@example.com instead of regular mail.
The application fees are as follows:
- National (must be resident of the United States): $75 for each person/entry of a composition
- International: $100 for each person/entry of a composition
- Combined (submitted simultaneously to the Competition in both the National and International Divisions: $175.
If a composer is submitting more than one composition, a separate fee for each composition is required. All payments should be made out to Golden Key Music Festival.
Payment can be made using the following options:
- check/money order. Please note, we do not accept foreign (non-USA) bank checks.
- via bank transfer or Western Union system
Applicants using the bank transfer option are responsible for the Santander Bank of the USA wiring fee. The total fee for this option, including wiring fee on our side only is:
- $115 for National entry
- $140 for International entry
- $215 for Combined entry
For additional information about the bank transfer option, please send your name and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org
All application fees are due at the time of application and no later than December 1, 2017.
NOTE: All fees are non-refundable.
The following composition requirements must be met or the application may be disqualified.
- A composition must have a title.
- The performance time of the composition must be no longer than seven minutes. For the composition which is longer than seven but less than fifteen minutes double application fee is required. We do not accept the composition which is longer than fifteen minutes in performing time.
- The composition manuscript must be a fully realized score, completely notated by the composer.
- The manuscript must be in the form of a computer printout or handwritten.
- No change may be made to the manuscript once it has been submitted.
- A composition that includes copyrighted text must be accompanied by a written statement from the copyright holder giving permission to use the text. If the text is in the public domain, a statement signed by the teacher and student indicating this fact must accompany the entry.
Although it is not required, a composer may include a CD or DVD performance of the composition with the application. Please, for CD use MP3 format.
Manuscript(s) of the composition(s) will not be returned to the contestant.
World Composers’ Recital & Diplomas
The winners of the Piano Composition Competition are welcome to perform their pieces and to receive their diplomas and commemorative medals on stage of the historical Ehrbaar Hall (Vienna) at the World Composers’ Recital as part of the Golden Key Music Festival of Vienna. Information about the Vienna Festival and Vienna Tour, including day trips to Salzburg, Eisenstadt, and the Vienna Woods is available elsewhere on this site.
If a winner is not able to participate in the Golden Key Music Festival in Vienna, he/she may request a professional pianist to present the composition in the New World Composers’ Recital for an extra fee of $500.00. The winner also may request the Diploma by mail. Please, send request to: email@example.com
Diplomas that are not accepted at the Vienna Festival will be mailed via USPS First Class for free of charge. If you wish to have your Diploma sent by Certified Mail, FedEx, or some other guaranteed delivery service, please send to our office an additional $45 for Diplomas sent within the US or $75 for Diplomas sent outside the US.
Performance and special delivery fees are payable to the Golden Key Music Festival by March 1, 2018.