The 2018 Competition is open to pianists from anywhere in the world in three age categories.
- Junior – up to 14 years old
- Senior – from 15 to 18 years old
- Professional – 19 and older
The category of the applicant is determined by his or her age on the application deadline, December 1, 2017. The applicant must supply proof of age in the form of a copy of a birth certificate, driver’s license, passport page, or some other form of legal identification.
Winners will be announced on this web site on or before January 5, 2018. The judges’ decision is final.
Each application, regardless of category, requires a recorded video audition program of no less than 15 minutes and no more than 30 minutes in length. The program can consist of musical selections in any style and genre except those composed for prepared piano. The video should be made within a year of 2017. The video must not be edited by sound engineer. The performer’s face and hands should be clear visible in the still.
The program should be sent as a clickable link to YouTube, Vimeo, or some other internet accessible site, and should be playable on a standard Windows computer in a format such as .wmv, .mpeg, or .mp4. Please make sure you include the entire URL (clickable link) and any password to gain access to the video (if required).
To apply for admission to the competition:
- Download the 2018 Competition Application Form in either Word Format or PDF Format.
- Fill out the required information, and sign the Consent and Release page. Instructions are included with the Application Form.
- Provide proof of age.
- Enclose a check made out to Golden Key Music Festival for the Competition application fee or proof of payment (receipt), if the fee submitted via Western Union or bank transfer.
- Send the completed forms and fees no later than December 1, 2017, to: Golden Key Music Festival
81 Five Points Rd.
Colts Neck, NJ 07722
United States of America Please do not send materials via registered mail or by any other method requiring a signature for delivery.
- At the same time, send the following information via email to
- Video file of your audition program as an internet link.
- Digital image of the performer in JPEG minimum 1200 x 1200 resolution; maximum 4 MB file size.
- Brief biographical sketch of the performer in PDF format or Word format not to exceed 200 words.
Questions only (no application materials) should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Fee is $150 per applicant for applicants within the US and $200 per applicant outside the US. Checks must be standard and payable to US banks. If you cannot send a standard check, please contact the Competition Director, George Borisov, at email@example.com to discuss international transfer options. Include an email address and a telephone number where you can be reached.
All fees are non-refundable.